Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Mac performance problems on some levels

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Mac performance problems on some levels
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 00:41:14 +1200

Ronald Lamprecht wrote, On 3/6/07 12:20 AM:
> I found several reports about SDL performance problems on Mac OSX. All
> blitting seems to be done within SDL without using the GPU. SDL tried to
> improve the situation, but may that not all Macs have been affected.

If it is a matter of the diaplay hardware/driver rather than the CPU,
that might explain why I see no problem on my (Intel) MacBook but in
http://www.mag-heut.net/blackball/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=703
someone reported the problem with Bright Dots on an Intel MacPro with
much more cpu speed and RAM.

> One experiment that remains to be done is to check the Fullscreen/Window
> mode dependency of the performance problem.

I did try everything in both modes and never saw any difference in results.

 -- sidney