Re: [Enigma-devel] Annother patch

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Annother patch
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 20:51:06 +0200

Tacvek wrote:
This patch upgrades tolua++ to the latest version. The previous version had a bug that required me to partially disable some type checking done by tolua++. The problem is that with such typechecking disabled, passing the wrong type to a function exported by tolua++ could potentially cause a segfault rather than a lua error. So after communicating with upsteam, the bug has been resolved in the latest version. The included patch upgrades tolua++ and re-enables said typechecking.

Your patch compiles without warnings but causes trouble somewhere in the initialisation Lua code: Just run a Level which uses different kinds of stones - nearly all Levels show "dummy images".

The bug may not be within your patch - we still might have a Lua 5.1 incompatibility somewhere in the initialization code that did not show up with tolua++ 1.0.91 - but I thought the enabled typechecking should detect the problems.

- Ronald