Re: [Enigma-devel] configure.ac SDL_ttf magic

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] configure.ac SDL_ttf magic
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 12:12:15 +0200

Hi

Sidney Markowitz wrote:
I had to do the following to get everything to build and to work on my
machine:

1) Add the patch to lib-src/zipios++/src/directory.h that I posted in my
last email.

included in r138

2) Change a hardcoded reference in Makefile, static_prefix = /usr/fink
to match my installation of SDL libraries in /usr/local. We need
something in configure.ac to figure out the correct setting for this
automatically.

up to you

3) Add the copy of the *.xml and *.xsd files that Ronald mentioned in
his last email.

awaiting patch to r138

Once that was done, I could cd src ; make bundle ; make bundle-fw and
the resulting Enigma.app worked as a Mac app bundle.

There are other things to fix in addition to the above three items:

4) Using cp -R in the Makefile copies the .svn directories and leaves
the permissions in a state where running make bundle again gets errors.
I think that the 'install' command has options to do the right thing and
can be used instead of 'cp -R' or 'cp -r'.

use "find $(top_builddir)/data/levels -name '.svn' -prune ..." as I did in po/Makefile.in.in

5) make clean doesn't delete the Enigma.app directory that is created by
make bundle

add a move Enigma.app to etc after build. (Windows zip is stored there, too)

6) make bundle and make bundle-fw should somehow be called from the top
level make install when in MacOSX instead of requiring cd src ; make
bundle ; make bundle-fw

add a special target to "Makefile.am" like I did for "tolua","pot" and "pos".

- Ronald