Re: [Enigma-devel] configure.ac SDL_ttf magic

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] configure.ac SDL_ttf magic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:40:48 +0200

Hi

Johannes Fortmann wrote:
As Sidney found, the configure.ac recognition stuff for configure.ac
seems broken. However, it seems broken beyond the wrong main(), in
that it includes SDL/SDL_ttf.h instead of just SDL_ttf.h.
I think including without the SDL/ prefix should always work, because
AC_SUBST(SDL_CFLAGS) is called beforehand, which should add a
-I/somewhere/include/SDL to the build line. At least that's what it
does for me.
The problem (for me) is that my /somewhere/include is not in the
search path, so looking for SDL/SDL_ttf.h fails. Also, ecl_font.cc
includes without the SDL/, so that should already work for everyone.

Any thoughts on this? (you can find out what the AC_SUBST line above
adds by running sdl-config --cflags)

You are right - I add Sidney's configure.ac patch without the "SDL/" with my next commit.

Concerning Sidneys proposal for zipios++/configure.ac concerning the check for MacOS X - what is preferable: his check for defines of __APPLE__ and __MACH__ or the check of $host_os as in the main configure.ac?

- Ronald