Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma-game.org

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma-game.org
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:14:21 +0200

Tacvek wrote:
Besides use in the xml namespaces, what are the plans for enigma-game.org?
Will it simple redirect to the homepage on non-gnu?
Will the pages be moved to that domain?
What about the forum and wiki?
It would be a waste to use it only for the namespaces.

Indeed the xml namespace that has to be unique and longterm stable has
been the motivation to look for an appropriate address. Even though
there is no obligation for a corresponding valid internet address I did
not want to use and make level authors use an address that does conflict
or may conflict in future with an existing internet address.

When I saw "enigma-game.org" being free and having an additional free
domain for my account I reserved it at once, even without coordination
with Daniel (sorry!). I do not insist on the domain being bound to my
account, but I would like to see it being used for this community.

Besides Tacvek's proposals I am meanwhile thinking about a small virtual
root server, that could collect scoring info, distribute rating info and
 could be used to find a network play partner in future ...

It is up to all of you what we make out of it.

Ronald