Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Port of r99 to Lua 5.1
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:28:14 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
To: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 3:20 PM

Tacvek schrieb:

with the addition of the library compatibility script and forcing all
Lua access via one of your error handled routines I succeeded quickly in
passing "startup.lua, init.lua, simple_levels.lua, models-nn.lua,
models-2d.lua". (Revision 107) - Use Levels like Enigma I #1 Welcome or #20 - Meditation -.

You should add compat.lua to data/Makefile.am

The app is starting, the menus are running, but on start of a level the
app crashes due to prior problems on load of "models.lua". The reason are problems with all tolua++ class access code:

Error loading './data/models-48.lua'
Error: './data/models.lua:36: attempt to index global 'GS' (a nil value)'

caused by the line:
    local gs = GS:new(d:size())

that should create an object:
px-lua.pkg
    class GS {
        GS (const Rect &clipr);
        ~GS();

        Rect cliprect;
        PackedColor pcolor;
    };

If I comment out the GS object access, the same problem occurs with the
tolua++ Rect object access.

The tolua++ routines are initialized:
d_models.cc
    tolua_px_open(L);

calls
lua/ecl.cc
TOLUA_API int tolua_px_open (lua_State* tolua_S)

The debugger shows that the initialization is performed.

As I have no special tolua++ experience I would be glad if you could
have a look on the problem while I try to convert the Lua level libraries.

No special toulua++ experience either, but I will take a look.