Re: [Enigma-devel] Scores - which values make sense

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Scores - which values make sense
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:00:47 +0200

Andreas Lochmann wrote:
you should also use the harmonic average instead
of the arithmetic one:

You are right - by taking the harmonic average of all scores of
"professionals" and cutting of those that are 50% above that average we
should get the ambitious-played professional scores. Taking again the
harmonic average of these remaining scores should be a usable PAR.

We could ask the players from mag-heut.net to send
us their complete 0.92-enigmarc2's. However, this
won't work for most of the new levels.

As Ralf seems no longer reachable we should first write the evaluation
code and submit the request for score files near to the next release.

Don't worry about the new levels. I try to make the ratings.xml online
updatable - so rating updates will no longer be bound to application
releases.

Ronald