Re: [Enigma-devel] 2 types of world::Object

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 2 types of world::Object
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:17:53 +0100

> > If the typecheking on those functions in lua.cc is too important to
> > scrap, then it looks to me like some major arcitectural changes would be
> > required to support
> > versions of Lua >4. Otherwise, I can drop the type checking, and convert
> > the remaining Lua.cc functions that are callable from lua into tolua
> > functions, and move them into an appoprate source file.
>
> Indeed I would prefer a common access method. But I hope it is possible
> to use the tag mechnism mentioned above. Daniel what is your opinion?

IIRC I started adding Object/Item/etc. to the tolua wrapper to allow
user-defined objects at some point.  But I never pursued the idea.

> Is there any level that uses the tolua generated
> MakeObject,MakeFloor,... calls? They would indeed cause trouble!

Not that I know of.  A simple grep for "world." only found many
references to DefineSimpleStone but nothing else. I think we can safely
remove them from the tolua interface.

- Daniel