Re: [Enigma-devel] Changes Between 0.81 And 0.92

From: Jacob Scott
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Changes Between 0.81 And 0.92
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:30:37 -0600

Hi,
the changes between versions 0.81 and 0.92 did change a few of my levels.

> > 3) Tops and Rotors: When the marble goes out of range of the top or
> > rotor - the default is for it to return to its start position instead
> > of staying where it is.  This makes Enigma 3 #50, Bad Nightmare
> > (duffy117) slightly harder, Enigma 3 #28, Variety Pack (duffy101) and
> > Enigma 2 #148, Bizarro World (duffy73) much harder and Enigma 3 #18,
> > You Must Be Kidding (duffy91) almost impossible.

I wasn't expecting the rotors and tops to work like this in "Bizarro
World" or "You Must Be Kidding" -- this new behavior is however
intended in "Variety Pack" and is not much of a problem in "Bad
Nightmare."

> > 4) Switches: Initialising calls of SendMessage("switchx", "on") seem
> > to have a different effect now.  This makes Enigma 2 #148, Bizarro
> > World (duffy73) much easier (as the initial state for the white ball
> > and charge stones puzzle is that you can go straight through without
> > doing it).  Has the default changed from on to off or is there
> > something more subtle going on here?
>

> I always thought this puzzle to be a bait...

The part with the white ball and charge stones is actually a
puzzle/challenge -- the SendMessage call worked in version 0.81.

> > 7) Acceleration: Do things have higher acceleration?  Difficult to
> > tell for sure - but Enigma 3 #53, Snowing (duffy120) is much, much
> > harder. Tarim is still trying to decide if Enigma 3 #50, Bad Nightmare
> > (duffy117) and Enigma 3 #57, Worse Nightmare (duffy120) are harder or
> > whether he just can't do them either way ;-)
>
> I too have the impression that Snowing is very hard.
> Is this intended?

I think the accelerations in the "Nightmare" levels are more powerful
than they used to be, so the levels are a good bit more difficult.
"Snowing" is also quite hard, but that isn't new.

Jacob