Re: [Enigma-devel] can I help ?

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] can I help ?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:18:54 +0100

Daniel Heck wrote:
Unfortunately, it's a little more difficult than that.  It's precisely
that we currently lack the time and manpower to *coordinate* the project
that put Enigma into its "winter sleep".  It's hard to keep the project
going by distributing small jobs to volunteers -- in the end somebody
has to do all the grunt work: decide what's going into the next release,
review contributions, spend the last weeks before release feverishly
fixing bugs, preparing packages, updating documentation, writing release
notes, etc.
If you have a vision for Enigma that you want to realize, go for it! But
I would feel bad to let you work on a small "assignment" if your
contributions would probably linger unprocessed in my Inbox for a few
months... :-|

According to Daniel I am currently the only active developer of the C++
engine. Before writing the above statement we exchanged our possible
commitment for future releases of Enigma.

As Daniel explained his current commitment, I should point out my
commitment to future releases of Enigma, too:

Even though Enigma is pure spare time project of mine I plan to release
all additions that I contribute. But as I cannot spend "weeks fixing
bugs" I will not manage a release with additions/modifications to the
physical engine that are not 100% backward compatible to the existing
levels. All other contributions - especially new levels - are welcome
for integration into a common next release!

address@hidden wrote:
But if you have any job (maybe in Documentation or so) for me...
 *
Please let me hear* *in any case.*

As I would like to spend as much time as possible working on the C++
engine I would appreciate any help concerning documentation of new
features and testing of repository-trunk versions - is there anyone who
compiles and tests the trunk versions?

Ronald