Re: [Enigma-devel] st-wood behaviour on ice

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] st-wood behaviour on ice
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:38:25 +0200

> I've noticed that when stone "wood" falls into a newly created abyss, it
> hovers.
> At some point I saw this behavior when I pushed  the block onto a crackly
> spot,
> where I wanted it to fall and form a crossing - but it did not.

Actually, if you look closely at the code Michi posted, you will notice
these lines:

        void on_floor_change() {
            if (server::GameCompatibility != GAMET_OXYD1)
                fall();
        }

Wooden blocks already behave the way you describe it when the game mode
is set to Oxyd 1.  But be careful, this changes the behaviour of a few
other objects as well.

Other than that, I would object to changes in object behaviour that
would affect any of the existing levels.  I did that too often in the
past, and fixing the levels that were affected wasn't funny...

- Daniel