Re: [Enigma-devel] direct level loading command line

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] direct level loading command line
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:03:46 +0100

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:57:38 +0100 FilE / TaRĂ´M wrote:

> is it possible to load enigma with a special paremeter to start a level
> imidiatly after loading enigma, and quit enigma when the level finishes? i
> would like to make a "test level" finction in BBE, this would be helpful...

I just took a look at the code; it certainly would be possible to add
this feature to Enigma, but making it work correctly is more difficult
than it seems.  I think it would be more useful to generate a level
index from blackballed and use Enigma's --data command to add it to the
list of level packs.

Otherwise you would have to pass the full level metadata (author, name,
whether it has an easy variant, par times) on the command line, which I
expect to be quite messy.

Cheers
Daniel