Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: ttf font problems

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: ttf font problems
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:34:31 +0100

> While most of the are not blockers for Enigma 0.9, they are definitely
> blockers for 1.0, but fixing some of them for 0.9 would not hurt:
> * The documentation is in fairly poor shape. (Of course, whenever one is in
> the middle of major changes this always happens.)

I think this won't happen without a volunteer, it's simply too much work.

> * A list or table of item-laser and item-block interactions should be
> included in the documentation for level designers so they can avoid
> acidentally making their levels much easier than they had intended.

Good idea, will do that

> *  I belive that we found that we could update to lua 5, (if that has not
> been done already), as there is a tolua 5.

I think we concluded that it *might* be possible to update to lua 5, but
I don't see any immediate reason to do so. Some levels might be easier
to write, it is a little faster (which does not matter for a game like
Enigma), and the error handling is better (this is the only reason that
I would consider important), but altogether there is little gain for
quite a bit of work.  But as always: patches are welcome :-)

- Daniel