Re: Hosting (Re: [Enigma-devel] Status)

From: Markus Thiele
Subject: Re: Hosting (Re: [Enigma-devel] Status)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:14:47 +0200

Greetings,

> No offence meant, but I don't think hosting it on a private workstation
> is such a good idea. You probably cannot guarantee sufficient
> availability, bandwidth and data security. I spent some time to find
> sites who offer free hosting for free projects, but I haven't found
> anything suitable yet. I sure hope that sooner or later SourceForge or
> Savannah provide it as an alternative to CVS, but I don't know if there
> are any plans to do so.

It's no private workstation, it's a virtual root account on a shared
Quadro Xeon System with very good availability and speed. Since I
don't nearly use all of the available resources I'm offering to share
at no cost (since I am fond of the project). Bandwidth and space are
however limited, that's why I'm asking how much would probably be
needed.

Regards,
-- Markus