[Enigma-devel] Enigma bug: Mouse problems with popup windows (win98).

From: Bernd Müller-Zimmermann
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma bug: Mouse problems with popup windows (win98).
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 14:43:26 +0200 (MEST)

Dear Enigma developers.

I use Enigma 0.81 in Window mode in Windows 98.
There are two funny effects when another program
puts a popup window over the Enigma window.
(a) The Enigma window will receive a random
    mouse input. (Which might ruin the current
    level if it drives the actor into the abyss.)
(b) The Enigma window will keep the mouse focus.
    The popuped window receives keyboard input,
    but no mouse input.

I was encountering this with an Outlook popup
about new mail, but you can can try it with
any ".bat"-file like:

  rem Any command, which executes a few seconds:
  dir /S \windows >nul

  rem Pop up a small window above Enigma:
  calc.exe

(You would start the batch file and return to
 the enigma window to see the effect.)

Thanks, Bernd
--
I'm still enjoying the game very much.