Re: [Enigma-devel] some levels

From: Jon Sneyers
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] some levels
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 22:38:48 +0200

Quoting Ingo van Lil <address@hidden>:

> On 08 May 2004, Jon Sneyers wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry for the extremely late reply, but I wasn't subscribed to
> the
> > enigma-devel-list so I didn't receive your comments... I
> accidentally
> > discovered your answer today by typing my name in Google ;)
>
> That's pretty strange, because I sent my mail to you directly and
> only
> Cc'ed the list. So you should have gotten the message anyway,
> whether
> you were subscribed or not. Maybe it was killed by some overactive
> spam
> filter...

...must have been something like that... nevermind

> > > Impossible?: Haven't figured that one out yet. For the time being
> I'll
> > >              call it "Impossible.". ;-)
> >
> > Search the top-right area...
>
> Sweet Jesus, was that thing there before? It's hard to imagine I
> played
> that level for quite some time without noticing it. Then again, it's
> possible that Enigma's chameleon stones were broken just when I
> tried
> your levels.

hehe... any luck with the other levels you didn't finish yet?

> > > Spiral Race: Hard but good.
> >
> > It's slightly less hard when you only try to avoid the inner
> walls...
>
> Not really. As soon as I hit some wall I usually can't help bouncing
> into the opposite one, too. Also, each time you hit the outer wall
> brings your "race opponent" up to your own position. I for myself
> found
> the easiest way to solve the level was a not-too-quick but
> controlled
> run through the track.

It's not really a problem that your "race opponent" gets to your own
position, it has to do some extra distance at the end...
A low mouse speed is a must though in this level...

> > > Really? I made it on the third try. I consider "Spiral Race" a
> great
> > > deal harder.
> >
> > Did you solve "tough skyscraper" in "easy" or "normal" mode?
>
> Normal. Just did it again, twice. There are lots of levels in Enigma
> that require far more skills.

hehe, I can't seem to do it though, but I don't have trouble finishing
the spiral race... weird how mouse skills differ :)

> Oh, by the way, your index_wb.txt format is pretty out of date.
> Semi-manually converted version attached.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that (I'm using the debian version of enigma,
not the devel version)

greetings,
jon