Re: [Enigma-devel] some levels

From: Ingo van Lil
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] some levels
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 18:17:28 +0200

On 08 May 2004, Jon Sneyers wrote:

> I'm sorry for the extremely late reply, but I wasn't subscribed to the
> enigma-devel-list so I didn't receive your comments... I accidentally
> discovered your answer today by typing my name in Google ;)

That's pretty strange, because I sent my mail to you directly and only
Cc'ed the list. So you should have gotten the message anyway, whether
you were subscribed or not. Maybe it was killed by some overactive spam
filter...

> > Impossible?: Haven't figured that one out yet. For the time being I'll
> >              call it "Impossible.". ;-)
>
> Search the top-right area...

Sweet Jesus, was that thing there before? It's hard to imagine I played
that level for quite some time without noticing it. Then again, it's
possible that Enigma's chameleon stones were broken just when I tried
your levels.

> > Spiral Race: Hard but good.
>
> It's slightly less hard when you only try to avoid the inner walls...

Not really. As soon as I hit some wall I usually can't help bouncing
into the opposite one, too. Also, each time you hit the outer wall
brings your "race opponent" up to your own position. I for myself found
the easiest way to solve the level was a not-too-quick but controlled
run through the track.

> > Really? I made it on the third try. I consider "Spiral Race" a great
> > deal harder.
>
> Did you solve "tough skyscraper" in "easy" or "normal" mode?

Normal. Just did it again, twice. There are lots of levels in Enigma
that require far more skills.

Oh, by the way, your index_wb.txt format is pretty out of date.
Semi-manually converted version attached.

        Cheers,
            Ingo