Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:11:35 +0200

Hi Daniel,

>>> the original Oxyds (including Esprit), and some of them are a pain to
>>> re-create for Enigma without a level editor.
>> What do you think of loading them using oxydlib and then directly save
>> them to lua-files?
> Johannes' first attempt at loading the Oxyd levels worked along that
> line, but I don't think it would be legal to distribute the generated
> Lua files. I don't know much about copyright law, but converting
> all the levels to a new file format is certainly not "fair use".

I do not think there is much difference between cloning them by hand or
by machine. So distributing handmade clones may as well lead to copyright
conflicts.

Surely legal would be to ask Meinolf for a permission. Anybody ever
had contact to him?

Another possibility is using oxydlib and telling the people how to
extract and install the data files.

cu
Ralf

--
Currently enjoying '[06] Eddie Amador feat Lamech - The Funk'