Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:00:47 -0400

> Of course, this would be the ideal solution.  Alas, I'm quite sure
> version 1.0 *will* depend on Oxydlib.  There are more than 600 levels in
> the original Oxyds (including Esprit), and some of them are a pain to
> re-create for Enigma without a level editor.  I would prefer to release
> 1.0 by the end of the year and decouple the creation of new levels
> (possibly including conversions of Oxyd levels) afterwards from the
> development of Enigma as a game engine, instead of spending an
> additional year cloning every remaining Oxyd level.

Well the obvious solution would be to work very hard on the level editor
(have it included with 0.9), then most levels would be much easier to create
(and if a bunch of people ported several level [in an orginized fasion] it
would take only a few days to por all remaining levels) , and it would in
theory allow you to be able to release 1.0 w/o Oxydlib, and release the oxyd
level packs at the same time. Now if only those people who claimed they
could make better sounds actually came through.