Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:02:17 -0400

Ok i understand the confusion. I have only recently discovered enigma, (thanks to Knoppix), and have downloaded the windows version. It is good, but many levels are hard, some nearly impossible (ie the meditation levels with rubber bands.) As I like my programs to work correctly i don't use the cvs versions.

Anyway, i had meant Oxyd Levels to mean levels from real oxyd games, (along with the levels from ESPRIT.) and i had inteneded Oxyd clone levels to be levels duplicated from other oxyd clones.

The way i see it oxydlib should not be needed by 1.0, The reasn for that would be that good sound effects exist in enigma, so there is little point in using the original oxyd data, and all of the oyxd levels to have been portred over to enigma.

Ideally all of enigma's features should be implemented by 1.0, with the possible exception of the level editor. Multiplayer support should be what defines the 2.0 release.

That along woth what i stated in my first message are my suggestions. You (the enigma developers) do not need to follow them, yet i suspect that most other enigma players would agree with them.