Re: [Enigma-devel] Lasers

From: Jeremy Sawicki
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lasers
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:59:18 -0400

Hi Ralf,

There is actually a newer version of oxydlib (version 0.02) at
<http://www.sawicki.us/oxyd/> that I never got around to putting into the
enigma CVS repository.  It isn't very different, but one of the improvements
is proper support for lasers.  Basically there are three types of lasers
that can appear in the grid, but separately there is information about the
direction and initial on/off state for each of the three types.  If you want
to start using it, you are welcome to put the newer version into the enigma
repository.  I probably won't get to it for a little while.  (There will be
a little work merging in the changes that have been made to oxydlib in
enigma's CVS, because I haven't integrated those back into my version of
oxydlib yet.)

Even with this newer version, there are quite a few things that I haven't
figured out about the level format yet.  Many of them only affect a small
number of levels.  They all occur in the <infospecial> section (see
<http://www.sawicki.us/oxyd/dat.txt>).  For now, oxydlib places any of these
items that it doesn't understand in Level::m_specialItems.  I don't keep a
list of them -- I just use oxydlib to parse a data file and generate a list
dynamically.  At some point all of these should be decoded, and
m_specialItems should go away entirely.  For now, if you have a level that
isn't behaving properly, you might check to see whether there is anything in
m_specialItems.

Jeremy