Re: [Enigma-devel] CVS: compilation problem

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] CVS: compilation problem
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:47:23 +0200

> It stopped working again.
> I think I tracked the problem down, but I don't know how to fix it.
>
> The configure scripts inserts
>       -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib
> infront of the SDL librieries in the linker call.
>
> My gcc 2.95 resides in /opt/gcc-2.95. Normally it links fine (no
> iostream unresolveds), but due to the above additions it fails - I
> guess because it links against some gcc3.2-lib in /usr/lib.

I don't think g++ 2.95 would ever use one of the g++ 3.2 libraries as
they are stored in different version specific directories.  Are you sure
you use the same g++ program for compiling and linking?  Also your
installation directory for g++ should not make any difference, but you
may have to add /opt/gcc-2.95/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf.  Not sure about
that though.

Cheers,
Daniel
--