Re: [Enigma-devel] Preparing for Enigma 0.80

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Preparing for Enigma 0.80
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 00:41:25 +0200

Hi Petr,

> I tried to look after the leaks. While browsing the code to see why
> this-or-that leak happen, I found a class named LuaState, and another
> similar one called UserValue. Neither of them is used in real code.
> Nowhere. I grepped through my cvs mirror, and, except for the
> (declara|defini)tions, there is no use of those classes. What are they
>
> good for?

Good work on the leaks, thanks!  The unused classes in lua.cc are
everything that became of my plans to build a C++ wrapper for Lua.
Obviously I didn't get very far, and tolua is too good to justify more
work on something like this...

> Well, I have a question. Your version numbering looks like there is
> some 0.80 ahead, some 0.90 later on, and then finally 1.00. My
> question is, what should 1.00 have to become 1.00? Is there any plan,
> or will we simply number 1.00 as soon as 0.90 is too loaded with new
> stuff to carry it? I'm just curious. There is a TODO, but I don't
> believe that it will be empty in time of 1.00. There are always a
> thigs to improve...

I don't have something like a detailed release plan.  Enigma's original
goal was to revive Oxyd; the version numbers roughly indicated the
percentage of Oxyd features implemented (excluding the twoplayer game).
As soon as all Oxyd levels are playable it's probably time to start
thinking about a 1.0 release.  Maybe by the end of the year??

Daniel

--
Daniel Heck
http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~dheck/