Re: [Enigma-devel] Updated Debian packages, a few small building bugs

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Updated Debian packages, a few small building bugs
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 16:15:18 +0100

Erich Schubert wrote:

> There are a few issues with packaging:
> - libtolua is available in debian (but using (char *) not (const char
> *)
>   in a few calls, so the cast isn't necessary)
>   and i'd prefer using that version.

There are two reasons why I won't remove libtolua from the Enigma
sources:

1) You already mentioned tolua's (char*)/(const char *) bug.  Well, you
didn't mention it's a bug: the Lua bindings created by tolua contain
explicit (const char* ) casts whereas the corresponding function in
libtolua is declared to take an char * argument.  My compiler chokes on
this, and so should yours. Manually patching enigma_lua.cc every time
it's recreated is certainly not an option.

2) Having to install Lua is already enough hassle for most users.

You are free to use the libtolua that comes with Debian for building
your packages, but I do care about non-Debian users.  Sorry.

> - some of the binaries (.png etc.) are marked executeable.

Fixed.

> ### detecting lua (hack, not clean code)
> --- enigma-0.60.orig/configure.in
> +++ enigma-0.60/configure.in
> [...]

Looks good, but may need a few changes to make it work with other
distributions.

> Well, that's it for the moment... now i'll try if the package actually
> works and i can enjoy playing the game ;)

I'm glad you're again maintaining the Debian package.  And don't forget
to tick off the last remaining Enigma "bug" in the bug database :-)

Have fun,
Daniel

--
Daniel Heck                             address@hidden