Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.60-beta

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.60-beta
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:12:20 +0100

> > I see your point; the level grouping will certainly be confusing for
> > everyone who has never heard of Oxyd.  I just thought of a solution
> > that might work. Putting all levels into one single menu doesn't --
> > there are too many of them by now (~140 I think).  But we may
> > default to three Menus "Easy", "Medium" and "Hard" instead of
> > "Enigma", "Esprit", ... This would also (partially) compensate for
> > the fact that there is now way to change the difficulty of
> > particular levels. Adding an option to group the levels by game
> > would then be easy.
>
> My sugestion for the next release is to merge all the oxyd cloned
> levels into one level pack and sort them roughly by difficulty so that
> we have two level packs in the 0.60 release. I can do that later this
> day. More time - more levels - more levelpacks on the following
> releases.

Good idea, let's do it that way.

> Daniel, for me the new volume options segfault. Both show a value of
> 10. Pressing a mousebutton gives me:

This seems to be a bug in SDL_mixer, it performs a division by zero when
there are no active mixer channels (which is always the case when you
run Enigma without sound).

> And the magickwand mousecursor in the menu shows a darker background
> when running enigma --8bpp.

Darn, that 8 bpp mode causes more trouble than I anticipated.  Maybe
I'll ditch it, at least for this release.  Shadows aren't working
either...

Btw, Martin: Your wiki comes up even before enigma on google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=enigma+oxyd
How did you do that? :-)

Daniel
--