[Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.60-beta

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.60-beta
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:11:16 +0100

Phew,

It's been a lot of work, but Enigma is finally getting ready for the
next release.  I just uploaded a lot of changes to the CVS repository;
regard this as a beta release of Enigma 0.60.  I urge everyone who knows
how to use CVS to download this version and help me find (and maybe even
fix?) the remaining bugs.  Some graphics are still missing, I will add
those during the next week.  Otherwise this beta version should be more
or less feature complete. The official release will hopefully follow
next weekend.

Here is a short list of changes since 0.50, in case you're interested:

  * Enigma now remembers which levels you already completed
  * Improved graphics
  * Level are grouped into "packs"
  * Preferences are saved
  * Faster screen updates
  * Many new levels
  * Many new game objects (magnets, white marbles, ...)
  * Mouse speed can be changed in the options menu and during the game
    (left and right arrow keys)
  * Sound and music volume can be configured

Incidentally, for those of you who don't know CVS, I also uploaded a
tarball to

        http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/enigma/

Please play with it.

- Daniel