Re: [Enigma-devel] Status update

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Status update
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:18:45 +0200

Martin Hawlisch <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, I'll do my best to do some new stones, items and levels.
> First thing I'll commit later is a patch to the automake/autoconf
> stuff to(hopefully) properly detect the renamed lua files on debian. I
> don't want to install it locally or patch the sources manually any
> longer.

Great.  But please make sure it still builds on non-Debian
distributions.

> > 2) Expand options menu and save the list of played levels in the
> > configuration file.
> Cool, this will close the one and only bug in debian
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=159075&repeatmerged
> =yes)

Surprisingly, no one complained about martin19 being unsolvable in v0.50
(my fault btw).  Who knows, maybe everyone thought it was intentionally
hard...

> > I've also been thinking about adding an 256 color option without
> > alpha blending to make the game run faster on older hardware.  Is
> > there any demand for this?
> YES - hopefully it will be better playable on a remote X display.

Ok, I will try my best.  No promises though; the display code is
horribly crufty and hard to modify.  I tried at least three times to
clean it up, but failed miserably each time...  well, "vier gewinnt"
(sorry, don't know how to translate this properly :-)

Cheers,
Daniel