[Enigma-devel] Status update

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Status update
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:40:05 +0200

We're slowly moving towards the next release, which will be either 0.60
or 0.55, depending on the amount of new features we are able to squeeze
into Enigma in the next few weeks.  I'm loth to estimate a release date,
but I will decree a feature freeze by the end of October, so make
yourself heard in the next two weeks if you have a feature request or a
contribution or both.

The next release probably won't contain as many user-visible changes as
the last few did.  The following items are currently on my wishlist

1) Freeze the first 100 levels.  We need to order them by increasing
difficulty and polish some of the levels first, but there won't be a new
release before this is done.  Any contributions or suggestions are
welcome.

2) Expand options menu and save the list of played levels in the
configuration file.

3) Add a couple of new game objects and levels

4) Fix all graphics bugs (like missing or wrong shadows etc.)

I've also been thinking about adding an 256 color option without alpha
blending to make the game run faster on older hardware.  Is there any
demand for this?

- Daniel