Re: [Enigma-devel] Delayed sound

From: Nat Pryce
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Delayed sound
Date: 14 Aug 2002 14:53:30 +0100

That'll probably be because of SDL.  When in KDE, SDL will send audio to
the KDE sound server.  When in Window Maker, there is no sound server,
so SDL can use the audio device directly, which results in lower
latency.  I've noticed the same thing in GNOME and found it could be
worked around by telling ESD, the GNOME sound server, to temporarily
release the audio device.

Cheers,
        Nat.