Re: AW: [Enigma-devel] Homepage design

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: AW: [Enigma-devel] Homepage design
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:14:56 +0200

Piehl Michael <address@hidden> wrote:
> I also began a web page for enigma.
> However this is still under construction:
> www.enigma-levels.de

For those who didn't notice so far, *I* also spent the last evening to
create a new homepage for Enigma.  Luckily I mainly focussed on the
content; otherwise we would have three contenders by now...

First of all: I like both pages (all three actually :).  In general, I
tend to prefer simple, text-only pages for everything that contains
useful information, but I realize that for a game, the visual appearance
of the homepage *does* make a difference.

enigma-levels.de sounds like the perfect place for user-contributed
levels, walkthroughs and hints, and things like that.  I won't be able
to release new versions of the "game engine" more often than every two
months, so a public level repository would be a great thing to have.
(Just an idea, any comments?)

For the short term I will stick to the (now) current homepage and spend
my time finishing version 0.50.  And then I will pick whatever the
readers of this ML like most.

Keep up the good work!

Daniel

PS: Could someone please proofread the new pages at
http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/enigma/ ? I tried my best, but English
not being my native language, I surely made a few mistakes.  Please
report everything that sounds odd.

--
Daniel Heck                             address@hidden
Bergheimerstr. 137