Re: [Enigma-devel] New Version, due to the many new levels? ;)

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] New Version, due to the many new levels? ;)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 02:56:10 +0200

> Eric S. Raymond says: "Release Early, Release Often"

That's just what I did initially.  "Release early, release often" is a
great way to find people interested in helping out with a project, but
I'm not convinced it's a good way to develop games (in contrast to game
*engines*).

> For me a 1.0 should really have all the features the original Oxyd
> had. But

By then Enigma will probably have a few hundred levels and a new
maintainer :-)  Besides, I don't think we should make cloning Oxyd our
main priority.  Let's focus instead on making a quality game that is fun
(And since we are relatively close to that goal, I thought it was a good
idea to make a 1.0 relase in the near future).

> we should have a new release soon, so there should now be a
> feature-freeze to fix current bugs, and a stable development release.

Ok, ok. One more development release ;)  Let's target July 21 as the
release date.  But let's make it as good as we can!

Agreed?

Cheers
Daniel

--