emacsconf-org

Re: We are considering an OrgConf (probably before June 2023)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: We are considering an OrgConf (probably before June 2023)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 14:53:18 +0200

Dear Sacha,

Sacha Chua <sacha@sachachua.com> writes:

> That would be fantastic! I can't wait to see what you have in mind.

I also can't wait to know what I have in mind :)

Nothing is settled yet: by 2023 I hope more people will have a sense
of ownership over the Org project and be able to co-design this event.

> :) I think it will be a terrific way to create and capture deep
> conversations around Org Mode. Please feel free to loop me into your
> planning so I can chime in with whatever's easy to reuse.

Sure I will.

> Where
> should I start paying attention to? (Hmm, I've been meaning to start
> monitoring the org-mode mailing list for Emacs News anyway, and I see
> there's a thread this month about getting a meetup going that we
> might also be able to help with...)

We need to go public on the mailing list with what Ihor, TEC and I
have in mind, then things will be discussed there.  Perhaps at some
point we'll set up a dedicated mailing list, not sure, but of course
I'll share this with you and this list.

> I'll keep OrgConf in mind as I work on the tooling we've been
> building in order to scale up EmacsConf. (Easy enough, I already have
> a variable for conference name that I should use more often...)
> Depending on what you have in mind, I might be able to volunteer to
> do the same kind of things I do for EmacsConf: scheduling,
> publishing, coordination, captions, automation, and now
> infrastructure too, which I handle mostly with two large Org files
> and the Ansible playbook I'm building along the way.

That's really great, I appreciate this a lot, your presence (on stage
and back-stage, depending on your time) will be key to make this event
a success!

In the meantime I don't want to steal the time & attention you need
for the EmacsConf, which I'm sure will be great.  Emacs core/package
developments are really more and more exciting, I'm sure this will
contribute to a great conf.

All best,

--
 Bastien