Re: link can not be created in a line with another link.

From: Alexandros Prekates
Subject: Re: link can not be created in a line with another link.
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:45:40 +0000

On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:40:44 +0000
Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> Alexandros Prekates <aprekates@posteo.net> writes:
>
> > In  the example below i  underline to show that a link has been
> > created.
> >
> > Given that lines :
> >
> >  [[sysadmInstallSoftware a [[deb][deb package]]
> >  [[sysadmInstallSoftware a    deb package
> >                               -----------
> >  If i try to complete the left link with:
> >  [[sysadmInstallSoftware][Install]]
> >                         /\
> >                      the moment i insert that left bracket i will
> > get: a [[deb][deb package
> >                  --------------------
> >
> > If i try that into a line with no other links it will work ok.
>
> Thanks for reporting, but I do not fully understand what you did.
> May you please explain step by step, starting from emacs -Q, what you
> did, what you saw, and what you expected to see?
>
> Please list what exactly you input into the buffer, and which
> keys/commands you use.

The same behavior happens with emacs -Q.

Having <<foo>> and <<boo>> anchors somewhere in an org file
in a line a have an internal link :

bla [[foo]]

If i add :
[[boo]] bla [[foo]]
org will create the two links.

But if i add:
[[boo][  bla [[foo]]
with the intention to type: [[boo][description]]  bla [[foo]]
then what i will get is: a link to boo with description : bla [[foo

Alexandros .