Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system

From: Корякин Артём
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:47:08 +0300

Karthik Chikmagalur <karthikchikmagalur@gmail.com> writes:

> As a temporary measure, could you try replacing calls to
> shell-quote-argument with identity in the following two functions?
>
> org-latex-preview--tex-compile-async
> org-latex-preview--image-extract-async

I did[1] exactly this. It works, but only if I eval it manually after
init before. But I think it is enough for today and for workaround type
of temporary solution.

I might need an advice where to go next to solve problem with
(shell-quote-argment) i.e. to which mailing lists I should subscribe to
work on patch and send it one day.

I think I will also try to remove part of my config where I will change
default shell and see if running with default configuration brings any
changes, because comment on this function in subr.el says that it may
missbehave with unusual shells.

Also, my idea to set emacs shell-file-name to busybox sh didn't worked
out, but I wasn't sure about it anyway.

Thanks a lot for the patience.

[1]:
https://github.com/artsi0m/emacs-organizer/blob/1a1463da6e54b29af071b721e992295a9d24dec9/org-latex-preview-workaround.org