Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system

From: Корякин Артём
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:11:46 +0300

I've got problem when I use this version of org-latex preview:

RUNNING: dvisvgm --page=1- --optimize --clipjoin --relative --no-fonts
--bbox=preview -o c\:/Users/artsi0m/AppData/Local/Temp/org-tex-DAJVTr-%9p.svg
c\:/Users/artsi0m/AppData/Local/Temp/org-tex-DAJVTr.dvi

ERROR: can't open file
'c\:/Users/artsi0m/AppData/Local/Temp/org-tex-DAJVTr.dvi' for reading

As you can get from the traceback it is problem with windows. But I
remember solving simillar problem with org-fc already[1][2]. I just removed
escaping (quoting) from one of the elisp functions.

So, the main problem of the problem is that on Windows
(shell-quote-argument) function will quote c:/ as c\:/ which breaks
ability to find one or another file. It maybe other function with this
quoting, but I suppose that it is it.

Please, point me in the right direction to solve this problem.
Maybe I could somehow rewrite shell-quote-argument using advices ?
Maybe some more global changes is needed for emacs on windows ?

Thanks a lot for the patience and for reading this email.
Sorry for misspelling or grammar mistakes, english is not my mother tongue.

[1]:https://github.com/artsi0m/emacs-organizer/tree/1e1bac13b0f845cb622db08759b9e14fe35fcae7?tab=readme-ov-file#org-fc-awkfind-on-windows
[2]: https://todo.sr.ht/~l3kn/org-fc/43