Re: [BUG] LaTeX preview should use a subdirectory in /tmp

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] LaTeX preview should use a subdirectory in /tmp
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:48:26 +0000

Emmanuel Charpentier <emm.charpentier@free.fr> writes:

> I have a case where the current way of forcing the temporary directory
> to me `/tmp` is wrong. Running emacs on Ubuntu **under WSL2**,,
> exporting latex snippets to ODT *as images* fails : the `.dvi` files
> are correctly compiled and placed in `/tmp{, but the convert program
> tries to read them in `../../../../tmp/`, which is indeed `/tmp` in a
> "normal" filesystem but **is not** in WSL, where the root (`/`) is in
> fact a mounted tree.
>
> Admittedly, this is a corner case, but it turned out to be necessary
> (exporting via mathml gave unsatisfying results).

It looks like is a different bug. (probably even in Emacs, when
calculating relative path)

Assuming that your `org-preview-latex-default-process' is using the
default value of 'dvipng, does it help if you change the image convertor
command to use absolute path?

(plist-put (alist-get 'dvipng org-preview-latex-process-alist)
           :image-converter
           '("dvipng -D %D -T tight -o %O %F"))

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,