Re: [DISCUSSION] "quick-help" popup for org-columns (column view)

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] "quick-help" popup for org-columns (column view)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 06:58:05 +0000

> Sławomir Grochowski <slawomir.grochowski@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thank you Philip for the explanation and preparing the code snippet.
>>
>> So what are the next steps?
>> Can you merge your patch?
>
> If this is everything, I can push the change.  But I'll test it first.

I tried out using your `org-columns-help-quick-sections' variable, but
it seems that `where-is' didn't find all the commands you wanted:

Move column & row            Add & delete column        Edit column   Edit
values                      View             Misc.
M-<left>  move column left   M-S-<right> add column     < narrow      e
edit value               c show content   C-c C-o open link
M-<right> move column right  M-S-<left>  delete column  > widen       a
edit allowed value       o show overview  g       redo
                                                        s attributes  n
next allowed value       v show value     q       quit
previous allowed value
                                                                      C-c C-c
toggle checkbox or quit
                                                                      C-c C-t
change TODO state

(some of the descriptions are pretty long, are they not?)

Are commands like `org-columns-move-up' part of the next release of Org?
I am using whatever is currently on master.

--
        Philip Kaludercic on peregrine