Re: [BUG] Partially broken Org mode when remote setupfile is unavailable

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] Partially broken Org mode when remote setupfile is unavailable
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:30:23 +0700

On 09/04/2024 15:07, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Ihor Radchenko writes:

#+setupfile: http://localhost:8000/setup-http-987.org

* Heading

[[https://orgmode.org/][Link]]
[...]
See https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58888

The Emacs bug has been fixed.
There is no workaround we can employ on Org side other than waiting for
new Emacs releases with the fix in place.

I was considering a kludge with setting `org-resource-download-policy' to 'safe during loading of Org mode if its current value is 'prompt. I am unsure however if it is possible to detect whether the bug is fixed. I see several `defun' in the patch, so perhaps some of them might be leveraged for such test.