[Q] startup hook: How do I detect if the current buffer has been opened

From: Rudi C
Subject: [Q] startup hook: How do I detect if the current buffer has been opened programmatically?
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 21:01:10 +0330

Org-mode occasionally opens files automatically, for instance, when inserting or opening ID links, or during certain searches. I need to determine if a buffer was opened programmatically or manually by the user within the startup hooks. This distinction is important because, e.g., I want to automatically preview all LaTeX fragments if the buffer was opened by the user, but not if it was opened programmatically.

PS: Please use reply-to-all.