Re: Agenda clocktable & archive issue

From: Andrew Hyatt
Subject: Re: Agenda clocktable & archive issue
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:18:38 -0400

> Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I've noticed that in the agenda, the clocktable report (from the "R"
>> key), does not include archive files, even when I have set clocktables
>> to do so in my init-file:
>>
>> (plist-put org-clocktable-defaults :scope 'agenda-with-archives)
>
> AFAIK, clocktable scope in agenda is controlled by the agenda's scope.
> If you have `org-agenda-archives-mode' enabled, archives will contribute
> to the agenda report as well.

Thank you, I indeed didn't know that, and it did help. After some
digging around, it seems like the way to set this as a default is to set
(setq org-agenda-archives-mode t), which is a bit sketchy, since
normally you wouldn't set modes with setq, but by calling the mode. I
think this could be improved on, so I can send a patch for this if you
agree.