Re: [BUG] Footnotes in section titles

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] Footnotes in section titles
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 21:14:55 +0700

On 24/01/2024 19:11, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
The \section[...]{...} approach may work, but it is tricky - it is
completely up to the `org-latex-classes'. So, we may have to use regexp
replacement, which might be fragile.

ox supports the ALT_TITLE property and ox-latex already adds it using regexp. So it should possible to define this property with stripped footnote by an export filter. I have not tested it, but ALT_TITLE and @@latex:\protect@@ might be a workaround.

I recall some tricks with \footnotemark and \footnotetext, but I do not remember details and whether it may work for section titles. Complications may arise if a heading title has several footnotes.

Perhaps it is better to avoid footnotes in titles and to add some phrase to the body instead.