Re: Slowness of org-agenda-redo in org 9.7 vs 9.6.7

From: dark . key8799
Subject: Re: Slowness of org-agenda-redo in org 9.7 vs 9.6.7
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 23:36:25 +0800

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024, at 20:05, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> This is very strange. We try hard to use only GNU make machinery + Emacs
> there. May it help to remove local.mk from org git folder?

Ok, I didn't do that but recloned the repo manually (I was working from a
clone made by straight.el) and the org-version.el and org-loaddefs.el are
now properly generating.

make repro still can't load the correct org because make apparently
launches emacs from my $HOME instead of the repo directory (I tested
manually that `default-directory' is correct when calling emacs -Q) so
I'm think make is reverting to $HOME when launching emacs and I have no
idea why.

> This is normally not required - Emacs package manager should take care
> about this. Although, if you have problems with make autoloads and use
> Org mode from git folder, I don't know what happens.

I'm using straight.el. Even though I nuked the build and repo org folders
from straight, the above (about git manual cloning) makes me think it's
interfering somehow.

Anyway, all that seems far from org, thanks for pointing me in the right
direction.

--
Alexandre Avanian