Re: Consider removing newlines from org-insert-link help message

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Consider removing newlines from org-insert-link help message
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 12:41:56 +0000

Salih Muhammed <lr0@gmx.com> writes:

> I see that the text has been updated after updating org at my end,
> however, the issue of the stretch persists (see attachment).
>
> My version of org is at 571186631a09262abb58ca395f75b837bbb28888
>
> Org version gives: 9.7-??-5711866

Org does not add any extra newlines there. It is likely something about
window size.

>From the screenshot, it looks like you use some window management
package or customized your `display-buffer-alist'. This customization is
likely overriding Org mode's call to `fit-window-to-buffer', making the
window appear larger than the containing buffer text.

I may be wrong though. It would help if you try to reproduce the problem
starting from emacs without customization. See
https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,