Re: [possible patch] Remove the '\\[0pt]' string from the last line of a

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [possible patch] Remove the '\\[0pt]' string from the last line of a verse block in LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 22:58:58 +0700

On 17/01/2024 20:00, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
\newcommand\nothing{}
\newcommand{\safenewline}{\\\nothing}
[...]
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{ll}
[t] & s\safenewline
[...]
If the idea with custom command does not have obvious downsides

It does for tabularray https://github.com/lvjr/tabularray/issues/328
due to a custom parser, but probably it is safe for verse.

I think, it is necessary to wait a couple of years till the fix will propagate to all stable Linux distributions.

Notice that an arbitrary custom command is not the same as \empty. \safenewline would require more tricks, even \nothing would need

\NewTableCommand\nothing{}
Max Nikulin. Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export.
Fri, 21 Oct 2022 23:38:29 +0700.
https://list.orgmode.org/tiuhu5$nlp$2@ciao.gmane.io

or

\begin{tblr}[expand=\nothing]{rl}
Max Nikulin. Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export.
Thu, 20 Oct 2022 00:07:54 +0700.
https://list.orgmode.org/65a1c205-cd18-4abe-b36d-a93763d7f5e8@gmail.com

As to verse, I believe, \\... should be added at the end, but if a user added it explicitly then it should not be stripped.