[DONE] Re: org-agenda + [a] generated many duplicated task entries

From: Christopher M. Miles
Subject: [DONE] Re: org-agenda + [a] generated many duplicated task entries
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:24:46 +0800

> "Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> When I execute command "org-agenda" with key "[a]" to generate
>> org-agenda day view. Many task entries are duplicated.
>
> Maybe you have something in
> `org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-deadline-is-shown' or similar customization.
>
>> I tried many methods trying to figure out the problem reason.
>>
>> - [X] Emacs init bisect
>> - [X] Emacs minimal init testing -> no problem
>
> These two mean that you missed something during bisection.

I reproduced the problem with `emacs -Q` and `emacs-minimal-init`.
Then I tried to Edebug on the command function `org-agenda` ->
`org-agenda-list`.
I suddenly brain come up with checking out the variable `org-agenda-files`
value.
I found it contains duplicated filenames in list.
Then I added `delete-dups` function around my `org-agenda-files` value list
generating.
Then the problem solved.

This is really a hard reason to find out which costed lot of time. :(

Anyway, thanks Ihor as always.

--

[ stardiviner ]
I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without

Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3