Re: problem with https://orgmode.org/manual/Results-of-Evaluation.html

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: problem with https://orgmode.org/manual/Results-of-Evaluation.html
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:39:33 +0100

> Uwe Brauer via "General discussions about Org-mode."
> <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> writes:

> No, this is because you customized `org-src-preserve-indentation' or
> `org-edit-src-content-indentation', while the provided example only
> works with default indentation settings. Python is sensitive to
> whitespace and your config prevents Org mode from removing the two
> spaces in the example block.

> I adjusted the manual to not indent src blocks.  Then, they should work
> across more wide range of user settings.

Thanks, I confirm that

#+NAME: many-cols
| a | b | c |
| d | e | f |
| g | h | i |

#+NAME: hline-please
#+BEGIN_SRC python :var tab=many-cols :hlines yes
return tab
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS: hline-please
| a | b | c |
| d | e | f |
| g | h | i |

Works, but I also hoped that I could use python to add hlines to table
without hline, but alas it does not work!

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.