Re: [BUG] Clock report produces malformed table when contributed heading

From: Mark Barton
Subject: Re: [BUG] Clock report produces malformed table when contributed headings contain "|" in their title [9.7-pre (release_9.6.16-1060-g1aa455 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:18:59 -0800

On Jan 14, 2024, at 5:56 AM, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

The first heading is relatively easy to fix - we may replace "|" in
title with \vert entity.

Not so easy for src block and other verbatim text - there is simply no
way to escape "|" in tables.

I have encountered this a couple times, usually in org captured items for Meetings that someone else typed for the Meeting name. I could not figure out how to escape them and just ended up modifying the header to not include the pipe char.

In your example of the src block, I don't normally make those headers, but could the pipe char be replaced only in the clock table? If clock table links are turned on then the header link should point to the header and just the description changes.

Mark Barton