Re: [BUG] "Invalid face reference" with org-agenda-deadline-faces

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] "Invalid face reference" with org-agenda-deadline-faces
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 20:01:03 +0000

[ Adding org-mode mailing list back to CC.
  Please use "Reply All" or "Wide reply" to
  keep the discussion public ]

Mark Kerr <mkerr23@gmail.com> writes:

>> Faces that you reference from org-agenda-deadline-faces should exist and
>> should be valid faces. However, it does not look like your
>> `org-agenda-deadline-past' and `org-agenda-deadline-today' faces are
>> defined correctly. You might have used malformed face declaration.
>>
>> May you show how you define these custom faces in your config?
>
> I included my configuration in my initial post. Here it is:
>
> (setq org-agenda-deadline-faces
>   '((1.01 . org-agenda-deadline-past)
>      (1.0 . org-agenda-deadline-today)
>      (0.9 . org-agenda-deadline-tomorrow)
>      (0.7 . org-agenda-deadline-soon)
>      (0.0 . org-agenda-deadline-upcoming)))

This is not complete. I wanted to see how you define
`org-agenda-deadline-today' and `org-agenda-deadline-past' faces. They
are not standard faces provided by Org mode, so you need to define them
yourself.

> What is it about the `org-agenda-deadline-past' and
> `org-agenda-deadline-today' faces that makes you think they are incorrectly
> defined?

"Invalid face reference" error means exactly this - the face it
complains about is not a valid face.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,