Re: Passing table to Ruby session

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Passing table to Ruby session
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 09:58:01 +0000

> On Org side, the best we might do is splitting the long command into
> multiline (if ruby REPL supports line continuation like \
> this or similar). Of course, it will be a workaround.

Fixed, on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=deb5ea0fc

There are still some issues with inf-ruby I cannot understand though.
When I tried to evaluate the src blocks multiple times, inf-ruby (AFAIU)
interprets some of the puts output as input for some reason, which is
bizarre and does not look like Org's fault.

May you please check if you can reproduce the same problem on your side?

Instructions:

1. Download the attached bug.org file
2. Clone the latest Org: git clone
3. cd org-mode
4. make repro REPRO_ARGS="-L /path/to/inf-ruby -l ob-ruby /path/to/bug.org"
5. Go to the second code block (the one with :session)
6. Evaluate it several times
7. At some point, you will see either empty result or an error.
   In the *ruby* buffer, you will see
   _org_babel_ruby_prompt (irb):481:in `<main>': undefined method
`_org_babel_ruby_prompt' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/3.1.0/gems/irb-1.4.1/exe/irb:11:in `<top
(required)>'
        from /usr/bin/irb:25:in `load'
        from /usr/bin/irb:25:in `<main>'
_org_babel_ruby_prompt