Re: [BUG] Warning when creating preview

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Warning when creating preview
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 09:00:08 +0000

Edgar Lux <edgarlux@mailfence.com> writes:

> On Aug 27, 2023 at 7:29 PM, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
>> I recommend https://github.com/Malabarba/elisp-bug-hunter to narrow down
>> which part of the config is the culprit.
>
> We have a winner:
>
> ;; Bug hunter error ---
> ;; https://github.com/nicolaisingh/saveplace-pdf-view.git
> (if (file-directory-p "/path/to/packages/saveplace-pdf-view")
>     (progn
>       (push "/path/to/packages/saveplace-pdf-view" load-path)
>       (require 'saveplace-pdf-view)
>       (save-place-mode 1)))
> ;; --- end bug hunter error
>
> The error is gone when I comment this out. I know it's not magic, but OMP!
> (oh, my penguin).

Even with this, I am unable to reproduce.
So, it may only be a part of the problem. Some part of the configuration
before this snippet may be the extra required trigger (in combination
with saveplace-pdf-view).

What happens if you put the save-place-pdf-view snippet near the
beginning of your config and try to bisect again?

> The authors of the package are in Bcc. I like the functionality that it
> provides and will just ignore the message. If you need more info, let me know.

I do not see any extra BCC.
Also, do note that parser errors might lead to Org file corruption. There
is a reason why we throw this kind of warning into users.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,